TOFU set instruction manual
100 grams of soybeans, equal to the size of the Soyabella container with dry soybeans.
1.3 Liters of drinking water
2,8 grams Tofu Coagulant, you can alternatively use 2 teaspoons of Magnesium Malate Powder. This is a food supplement.
Soymilk maker or ready-made Soymilk
- Make fresh soy milk and leave to cool for 15 minutes or use soy milk from the supermarket.
- Stir the coagulant or magnesium malate in a small cup of water until the powder is dissolved.
- Pour the solution into the soymilk while stirring langzaan. When 2/3 of the solution has been used, wait and add small bits until it becomes paste. Some solution may remain. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Put the cheesecloth in the holder so that there is enough over the edge to "pack" the soy milk. Stir the soy milk and pour gently into the cheesecloth.
- Fold the cheesecloth over the soy milk and place the tofu press on it.
- Place a weight on the press and let it stand for 2 hours.
- Remove the weight and press, unfold the cloth and staple!
- In water, tofu can be kept for up to a week (do change the water every day).
Wash the tofuset and rinse the cheesecloth (the cheesecloth can also be washed in the washing machine, without fabric softener).