Broccoli germs are very healthy with a mild broccoli taste. In addition, they have a high concentration of healthy nutrients. Broccoli germs are delicious with fish dishes and on sandwiches.
Broccoli sprouts contain a high concentration of SGS (Sulforaphane Glucosinolate), an anti oxidant that occurs naturally in broccoli. SGS helps your body to strengthen its own immune system and increase your resistance. A tuft of 10 grams of broccoli sprouts contains about as much SGS as 300 grams to 500 grams of regular broccoli. Moreover, broccoli sprouts are rich in vitamins C, E and K1.
The difference between Broccoli and Broccoli Calabrese is the sulforaphane content: 6 to 8 times higher with Broccoli Calabrese versus Broccoli. Germination would also increase the sulforaphane content in the seed.
Sulphoraphane is a substance known for its anti-cancer properties, with preventive and curative effects.
* These seeds are suitable for: pot or multilayer germinator
- Soak the seeds in cold water for 4 hours
- Rinse with pure water in a sieve
- Spread the seeds in fine layers in a germinator
- Then water the germs 2 to 3 times a day
- Germination 4 to 6 days
- Wash the seeds well to remove the casing