Basil is native to India. The Egyptians saw basil as a medicinal herb. Fresh basil has a unique spicy taste. Dried basil tastes weaker than fresh. The stems of basil are hairy, fine, ribbed, branched and light green to red at the base. Basil is an important kitchen herb.
Sow in a greenhouse, do not cover seeds, press lightly and keep moist. When the plants are large enough, transplant to pots and containers or in a warm spot in the garden.
* These seeds are suitable for: Germination tray or a cup
Basil Germ'line Instructions
- Soak the seeds in cold water for 15 minutes
- Rinse with pure water in a sieve
- Spread the seeds in fine layers in a germinator
- Then water the germs 2 to 3 times a day
- Germination 15 to 20 days